FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – The second-ranked Nova Southeastern Women’s Tennis team won its 12th match of the season on Thursday afternoon, defeating Saint Anselm 7-0 from the NSU Tennis Complex. The Sharks lost just 2 of 92 sets in the dominant victory.
INSIDE THE MATCH
Records: No. 2 Nova Southeastern (12-2) | Saint Anselm (4-10)
Score: No. 2 Nova Southeastern 7 | Saint Anselm 0
Location: NSU Tennis Complex at Rolling Hills | Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
Get Social: Instagram & Twitter – NSU_WTennis | Facebook – Nova Southeastern University Women’s Tennis
HOW IT HAPPENED – Doubles
– Eva Goncharov and Diane Follin-Arbelet opened the match with a 6-0 victory in doubles action.
– Kayla Solagnier and Kashmira Manohar secured the doubles point with a 6-0 win over the Abigail and Julia Svor.
– The Sharks’ doubles sweep was secured after Natalie Espinal and Fatima Bizhukova won 6-0.
HOW IT HAPPENED – Singles
– Espinal [6-0, 6-0] earned a singles win over STA’s Heredia Osante.
– Follin-Arbelet defeated her opponent Parzick 6-0, 6-0.
– The Sharks got another singles win after Bizukova [6-0, 6-0] swept Kapothanasis.
– Eva Goncharov picked up a victory over Julia Svor [6-0, 6-0]
– Solagnier and Manohar both won their singles matches [6-1, 6-0] and secured the victory for NSU.
No. 2 Nova Southeastern will be back in action on Tuesday, March 28 when it takes on No. 10 West Alabama at the NSU Tennis Complex. First-serve is set for 2 p.m.