LAKELAND. Fla. – The top-ranked Nova Southeastern Sharks Women’s Golf team began play at the Lady Moc Golf Classic on Monday morning. NSU (+12/291/) holds a five-stroke lead over the field, while Hannah Mitterberger (-2/70/) leads the individual-side of the tournament.
The second round was not completed due to darkness at the event and will resume at 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday morning.
Team Leader: No. 1 Nova Southeastern (+13)
Individual Leader: Hannah Mitterberger, Nova Southeastern (-2)
Course: Grasslands Golf and Country Club | Lakeland, Fla. | 6105 Yards | Par 72
Get Social: Instagram & X – NSU_WGolf
- Hannah Mitterberger began the round on hole five, and after starting with a bogey, followed with two pars and a birdie in her next three holes before recording a second bogey on the ninth hole. Mitterberger went bogey-free for the rest of the round, starting the back-nine with a birdie and recorded eight consecutive pars, before closing the round with another pair of birdies.
- In her second round, Mitterberger has recorded three birdies, and ended the day in the lead at the Lady Moc Classic.
- Ellen Andersson ended the day tied for 13th. Andersson parred each of her first three holes and on the back-nine added seven pars, alongside a birdie and a bogey. Andersson followed with five pars across her final seven holes, ending the first round at an even-par.
- Andersson followed by tallying pars in each of her first five holes to start the second round, and closed the round with another four consecutive pars, ending the round with a 77.
- Maia Samuelsson and Haruka Muta ended the first day of competition both tied for 24th (+7).
- Samuelsson recorded four birdies in her opening round, adding another pair in her second round of competition.
- Muta, following one birdie and seven bogeys in her opening round, responded with five birdies in her second round of action.
- Jimena Marques finished the first two rounds eight-over and tied for 35th.
- Lua Pousa Dacasa ended the day tied for 65th.
The top-ranked Sharks will look to earn their fourth win of the 2023-24 season, closing out the final round of the Lady Moc Invitational on Tuesday, February 20th. The shotgun start is scheduled for 8 a.m. To stay up-to-date on Sharks Women’s Golf, be sure to follow on Instagram and X at NSU_WGolf.