WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. –No. 25 Nova Southeastern Sharks Volleyball fell in a road matchup against Palm Beach Atlantic in three sets on Tuesday evening from the Rubin Arena. The loss snapped a three-match winning streak for NSU.
INSIDE THE MATCH
RECORDS: No. 25 Nova Southeastern 9-3, 3-2 SSC | Palm Beach Atlantic 7-5, 2-3 SSC
SCORE: No. 25 Nova Southeastern 0, Palm Beach Atlantic 3
LOCATION: Rubin Arena | West Palm Beach, Fla.
GET SOCIAL: Instagram – NSU_VBall | Twitter – NSU_VB | Facebook – Nova Southeastern University Volleyball
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Nova Southeastern began the match with a 4-2 lead with both Jordan Chessar and Elizabeth Price each recorded a pair of kills.
- Midway through the first set, the Sharks trailed PBA 12-16.
- NSU rallied back, cutting the deficit to 16-17, but Nova Southeastern was unable to reclaim the lead and dropped the set 22-25.
- In the second set, the Sharks took advantage of back-to-back errors by the Sailfish to take a 5-3 advantage over the Sailfish.
- PBA rallied to score four consecutive points, putting the score at 6-8.
- An Aleyna Kennel service ace tied the second set at 8-8.
- Trailing 16-23, the Sharks – led by three kills from Kate Mihacevich – rallied to cut the Sailfish lead to 23-24 but NSU was unable to win the second set.
- The Sharks fell in the third set, dropping the match and ending their three-match winning streak.
No. 25 Nova Southeastern travels to Lakeland, Fla., to take on Moccasins of Florida Southern on Thursday, Sept. 22.