FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – The #22 Sharks Volleyball team closed out the 2021 regular season with a three-set sweep over the Florida Tech Panthers on Saturday evening from the Shark Tank, earning their 15th sweep of the campaign. Prior to the match, NSU Athletics honored the Volleyball senior class of Maddy Bremer, Aleyna Kennel, McKenna Tucek, Emily O’Neil, Alex Psoma, and Marianna Fiocco.
INSIDE THE MATCHUP
Records: No. 22 Nova Southeastern 24-5, 15-4 SSC; Florida Tech 4-27, 2-18 SSC
Score: No. 22 Nova Southeastern 3, Florida Tech 0
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Fla. | Rick Case Arena
Get Social: Instagram – NSU_VBall; Twitter – NSU_VB
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Emily O’Neil and Elizabeth Price tallied back-to-back kills, giving NSU a 4-3 lead in the early parts of the first set.
- Price capped off a brief 3-0 run for Nova Southeastern with a service ace, extending the advantage to 8-6.
- Two consecutive points from O’Neil put the Sharks in front 14-11.
- Kennel recorded back-to-back service aces, as Nova Southeastern led 19-13.
- Price sealed the first-set victory for NSU, closing out the set with a kill, as NSU won 25-18.
- Florida Tech started the second-set with a 7-3 run, but Brittany Landrum sparked a 3-0 rally for Nova Southeastern.
- Julia Bernardes tallied back-to-back kills for the Sharks, giving NSU a 16-13 advantage over FT.
- Nova Southeastern closed out the second-set with a 7-1 run, taking a 2-0 lead in the match over Florida Tech.
- FT began the third-set with 9-2 run.
- Madison Cook completed the comeback for NSU, tying the third-set 13-13 with a service ace.
- Hall and Tucek sparked a 6-1 run for NSU, bringing the Sharks to a 23-21 lead.
- Facing set point, Tucek and O’Neil tallied back-to-back kills, giving NSU a 25-24 advantage.
- Nova Southeastern closed the match with the final three points, taking the third set with a 28-26 win.
No. 22 Nova Southeastern now awaits the NCAA Selection Show on Mon., 11/22, to determine the Sharks postseason fate. NSU has not qualified for the NCAA Tournament since 2009.