FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – The No. 22 Nova Southeastern Sharks earned their 14th three-set sweep of the 2021 season, defeating Barry in Sunshine State Conference action on Friday evening from the Rick Case Arena.
INSIDE THE MATCH-UP
Score: No. 22 Nova Southeastern 3, Barry 0
Records: No. 22 Nova Southeastern (23-5, 14-4 SSC); Barry (13-14, 6-14 SSC)
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Fla. | Rick Case Arena
Get Social: Instagram – NSU_VBall; Twitter – NSU_VB; Facebook; Nova Southeastern University Volleyball
HOW IT HAPPENED
- NSU began the match with a 4-1 lead, as Julia Bernardes recorded back-to-back kills.
- A kill from Amanda Hall extended the Nova Southeastern advantage to 7-3.
- Barry cut the Sharks lead to 9-7, when Hall started a 4-0 run for NSU, which was capped by two service aces from Preslee Brooksbank.
- Later in the set, Elizabeth Price recorded three service aces during a 5-0 run for the Sharks, giving NSU a 23-14.
- BU responded with a 5-0 run of their own, cutting the Nova Southeastern lead to 24-20, when McKenna Tucek closed the set with a kill to give NSU a 1-0 match lead.
- Two consecutive errors from the Buccaneers gave Nova Southeastern a 6-3 lead in the second set.
- Back-to-back kills from Hall and Brittany Landrum put the Sharks ahead 12-5 against Barry.
- Leading 24-17 late in the second-set, Bernardes sealed the set win with a kill, giving the Sharks a 2-0 advantage.
- Aleyna Kennel and Emily O’Neil added service aces as NSU led 6-2.
- Landrum started a 3-0 run by the Sharks, which helped give Nova Southeastern a 12-6 advantage.
- A service ace from Bruna Avila extended the NSU lead to 19-10.
- O’Neil sealed the sweep for the Sharks with the final two kills, as NSU improved to 14-1 from the Rick Case Arena on the season.
No. 22 Nova Southeastern completes its 2021 regular season on Saturday evening, and will honor its 2021 Senior Class with a ceremony beginning at 5:30 p.m.