SAINT LEO, Fla. – The Nova Southeastern Men’s and Women’s Cross-Country teams completed their 2021 fall season at the NCAA South Region Championship Race on Saturday morning from the Abby Cross-Country Course. The regional championship race was hosted by Saint Leo. NSU’s women’s cross-country team placed seventh in a 18-team field, while the men’s finished 15th.
INSIDE THE MEET
Placing: Men’s (15th); Women’s (7th)
Total Time: Men (10K) 3:01:33; Women (6K) 1:59:49.
Average Time: Men, 36:18; Women, 23:57
Get Social: Twitter & Instagram – NSU_XCTF; Facebook – Nova Southeastern University Cross Country/Track & Field.
INSIDE THE MEET (MEN’S)
- Joseph Salerno was the lone Shark runner to place within the top-50 at the regional race, finishing the 10K in 34:19.
- Trey May completed the meet in 36:07, while Aaron Weimer finished in 36:29.
- Zachary Pizzo held an average mile time of 5:55.3.
INSIDE THE MEET (WOMEN’S)
- First-Team All-Sunshine State Conference selection Ivanova Yanes added an All-Regional team honor to her accolades on the season, placing 22nd overall to lead the Sharks.
- Kamila Soja finished 27th, completing the six-kilometer race in 23:25.
- Eden Toal (45th) held an average mile time of 6:29 and was the third NSU runner to complete the race.
- Leah Marville came in two seconds behind Toal, finishing 48th with a time of 24:13.
- Maya Espinosa completed the race in 24:38.
The NCAA Regional Meet concluded the season for the Nova Southeastern Men’s and Women’s Cross-Country teams. Be sure to follow on Twitter and Instagram (NSU_XCTF) and Facebook (Nova Southeastern University Cross Country/Track & Field) for updates on the 2022 Sharks Track season.