MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. – The Nova Southeastern Men’s and Women’s Cross-Country programs raced in a tri-meet at St. Thomas (Fla.) earlier today, competing against Florida National and St. Thomas. The Sharks women’s team earned the win, while NSU’s men’s team placed second.
INSIDE THE MEET
Men’s Total Score: 40, Average Time: 19:17; Total Time: 1:36:25.53
Women’s Total Score: 16; Average Time: 20:37; Total Time: 1:43:08.07
HOW IT HAPPENED WOMEN’S RACE
- Nova Southeastern dominated the women’s side, with Sharks placing in each spot of the top-four, and eight wining the top-10.
- Kamila Soja earned the victory, finishing the five-kilometer race in 19:15.
- Maya Espinosa placed second, with an average time of 4:05 per kilometer.
- Corinne Renshaw (3rd/20:40) and Christina Adams (4th/20:58) rounded out the top-four placers for NSU.
- Lauren Breski (6th/21:44), Caitlyn Rogers (7th/21:53), Tessa Grotzinger (9th/22:06) and Grace Moriarty (10th/22:22) were the remaining top-10 finishers for Nova Southeastern.
HOW IT HAPPENED MEN’S RACE
- Aaron Weimer was the first Shark to finish, placing second on the men’s side and finishing in 17:02.
- Haydon Patrick also placed top-five for the Sharks (17:38)
- Cote Strike was the third and final Shark to place top-10, completing the 5K in 18:06.
- Cormac Gilmore (13th/21:04) and Frank Caicedo (14th/22:33) were the final NSU participants to complete the race.
The Sharks have completed their 2021 regular season and now look ahead to the Sunshine State Conference Championship Meet on Sat., Oct. 23.