LAKELAND, Fla. – The Nova Southeastern Men’s and Women’s Cross-Country teams competed in the Florida Runners meet on Friday morning from Holloway Park. The NSU Men’s team placed third overall in the eight-team field, while the Sharks women’s team finished second overall, with Ivanova Yanes earning a victory.
INSIDE THE MEET
Men’s Total Score: 85; Average Time: 29:00; Total Time: 2:24:58
Women’s Total Score: 51; Average Time: 20:10; Total Time: 1:40:48
HOW IT HAPPENED – WOMEN’S RACE
- Yanes placed first overall in the 103-runner field, claiming the victory with a time of 18:55. Yanes completed the 5-kilometer track a full ten seconds ahead of the second-place finisher.
- Kamila Soja finished in fourth-place (19:24), trailing only Yanes and two runners from the University of South Florida.
- Maya Espinosa earned a tenth-place finish in the meet, completing the race in 20:24. Yanes, Soja, and Espinosa were three-of-four non-division one runners to place within the top-10.
- Jillian Norris (16th/20:47) and Christina Adams (20th/21:14) rounded out the top-five finishers for Nova Southeastern.
HOW IT HAPPENED – MEN’S RACE
- Trey May was the top finisher for the Sharks on the men’s side, placing eighth overall in 27:41.
- Aaron Weimer came in 13th place with a time of 28:24
- Haydon Patrick, a freshman, earned an 18th place finish with a time of 29:07.
- Zach Pizzo (21st/29:36), Lucas Mardis (25th/30:07) and Cote Strike (26th/30:21) were the remaining counted runners for the Sharks.
The Sharks will split the team, and compete in a dual-meet day on Sat., Oct. 9. The first-meet will be ran from Alabama-Huntsville at 7:30 a.m., and the second-meet will start at 5:00 p.m. against St. Thomas University.