BOCA RATON, Fla. – In its final tune-up before next week’s Sunshine State Conference Championship, the Nova Southeastern women’s golf team collected a share of seventh Tuesday at the Lynn Women’s Invitational in Boca Raton, Fla.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Tournament Finish: T-7th of 10 teams
Tournament Champion: Lynn
Location: Boca Woods Country Club | Boca Raton, Fla.
Get Social: Twitter – @NSU_WGolf | Instagram – @NSU_WGolf | Facebook – /NSUSharksGolf
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Sharks closed the tournament with a collective total of (+65) 929 following their final-round effort of (+24) 312 – tying them with Saint Leo in the standings.
- Host Lynn (+16) defended its home turf, beating top-ranked Dallas Baptist by eight strokes to win the event.
- Tampa (+32) captured third overall, while Seminole State (+34) and Barry (+43) rounded out the Top-5 of the leaderboard.
- Teeing off on the back nine Tuesday, Sofia Garcia Austt used a late birdie on the Par-4 9th to sneak into the Top-20, finishing in 18th at 12-over par for the tournament. The Top-20 finish marked her fourth in five events this season.
- Freshman Ellen Ramstedt struggled a bit en route to a final round of (+9) 81, yet still managed to earn a share of 22nd with a 54-hole score of 15-over par.
- Three birdies on her opening nine guided Hanna Ahlander to a round of (+4) 76 Tuesday, good enough to land her in a tie for 26th at 17-over par.
- Nicola Fall posted her best round of the tourney on Tuesday, using a (+6) 78 to take home a tie for 47th.
- Sol Santecchia placed tied for 53rd overall.
STATS OF THE DAY:
- Garcia Austt registered one of just four eagles throughout the tournament.
- Ahlander led the Sharks with eight combined birdies over the three rounds.
- Ramstedt’s Par-3 scoring average of 3.08 tied for fourth-best in the field.
BEYOND THE SCORECARD:
- Despite a considerable comeback by Tampa’s Kiira Riihijarvi, Seminole State’s Minori Nagano (-3) parred the final eight holes of the afternoon to hold on for the one-shot victory. Nagano and Riihijarvi were the only two players to finish in red numbers.
- Seven of the field’s 10 teams competing this week are ranked among the nation’s Top-15.
NSU will have a chance to bring home its seventh SSC title when the SSC Championship gets underway next Monday, Apr. 12 at the Bent Pine Golf Club in Vero Beach, Fla. For complete coverage of the action, visit the women’s golf schedule page on NSUSharks.com, or follow the Sharks on Instagram and Twitter at @NSU_WGolf.
That’s a wrap on the regular season!
— NSU Women’s Golf (@NSU_WGolf) April 6, 2021