BOCA RATON, Fla. – As a result of a 17-shot swing from round one to round two, the Nova Southeastern women’s golf team finds itself in seventh overall following the first 36 holes of action at the Lynn Women’s Invitational.
INSIDE THE TOURNAMENT:
Tournament Standing: 7th of 10 teams
Tournament Leader: Lynn
Location: Boca Woods Country Club | Boca Raton, Fla.
Get Social: Twitter – @NSU_WGolf | Instagram – @NSU_WGolf | Facebook – /NSUSharksGolf
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- NSU posted the second-best round of any team in round two, carding a collective (+12) 300 to go along with its morning effort of (+29) 317.
- Host Lynn (+6) currently leads top-ranked Dallas Baptist by 14 shots thanks to its two-under par performance in the second round.
- Seminole State (+28), Tampa (+28) and Barry (+30) currently round out the Top-5 on the leaderboard.
- Freshman Ellen Ramstedt led the way for the Sharks on Monday, registering rounds of (+5) 77 and (+1) 73 to slip into 13th.
- One shot back of Ramstedt, Sofia Garcia Austt used an eagle on the Par-4 1st and a birdie on No. 8 to finish with her own round of 73 in the afternoon. Garcia Austt is seven-over par for the tourney.
- Hanna Ahlander made up some serious ground in the second round, following up her opening-round 83 with a quality effort of (+2) 74. Rising 17 spots between rounds, the junior now stands in a tie for 35th.
- Making her 2021 debut, Sol Santecchia has grabbed a share of 48th following rounds of 79 and 83.
- Nicola Fall ranks 53rd at the moment at 20-over par.
STATS OF THE DAY:
- Seminole State’s Minori Nagano (-3) currently owns a two-shot lead over Lynn’s Alice Gatti (-1).
Paired with Saint Leo, the Sharks will tee off their final round on the back nine at 8:00 a.m. Tuesday. For complete coverage of the action, visit the women’s golf schedule page on NSUSharks.com, or follow the Sharks on Instagram and Twitter at @NSU_WGolf.