FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – The Nova Southeastern women’s swim team celebrated its senior day with an overwhelming 202-56 win over the visiting Lynn Fighting Knights at the NSU Aquatic Center on Friday afternoon. Prior to the meet, the Sharks celebrated their 12 seniors Madison Allen, Taylor Covington, Tyler Fell, Laurel Fink, Kaylee Gassen, Molly Griswold, Jenna Johns, Georgia Ogonowski, Leah Orton, Hannah Pariseault, Emma Sundstedt and Haley Watters.
INSIDE THE MEET:
FINAL SCORES: Nova Southeastern Sharks (202), Lynn Fighting Knights (56)
LOCATION: NSU Aquatic Center | Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
FOLLOW US: @NSU_SWIM on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube
HOW IT HAPPENED:
TOP INDIVIDUAL PERFORMERS:
- On her senior day, Tyler Fell earned the first individual win of the day in the 1,000 freestyle in 10:35.50. Fell also took the win later in the day in the 500 free in 5:11.11.
- Solana Capalbo won the next race, the 200 freestyle, in 1:54.42.
- Savanna Best grabbed the win in the 100 breaststroke, posting a time of 1:02.79. She also went on to win the 200 breaststroke in 2:16.50.
- Sasha Maslova recorded a win in the 200 butterfly in 2:02.76. She also won the 100 butterfly in 55.72.
- The 50 freestyle saw a first-place tie between two Sharks as Alli Kopas and Trieschmann each posted a time of 24.23. Kopas also took the win in the 400 IM in 4:24.74.
- Wright earned an individual win in the 200 backstroke in 2:02.06.
The men’s swim team will face off against Lynn on Saturday, Feb. 20 at 10:00 a.m. Starting at 9:30 a.m., the Sharks will honor their four seniors, Samuel Brettmann, Alec Dawson, Jake Gauvain and Jonathon Yanello.
SHARKS ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Follow along with live updates on Twitter by following @NSU_Swim.