Fourth Town Administrator Community Meeting
The next Community Meeting hosted by Davie Town Administrator Gary Shimun is scheduled for Tuesday, August 10, 2010, from 7 to 8 p.m. at the Pine Island Ridge Country Club, located at 9400 Pine Ridge Drive in District 1. All Davie residents and business owners are invited to meet and speak with the Town Administrator. This is the fourth and final meeting in this specific series of meetings. The purpose of these community meetings is to have a dialog of sharing between the Town Administrator (The Town’s CEO who is responsible for the day to day operations) and the residents and the business owners of Davie. Topics to be discussed include:
- Town accomplishments
- Budget and finance
- Services: such as code compliance, public safety, permitting, parks & recreation, public works, and housing
- Economic development
- Citizen concerns
- Community expectations and citizens’ vision of our town
The meeting will be structured into three parts:
- The first portion of the meeting will be a presentation conducted by Mr. Shimun.
- The second portion of the meeting will be in an open forum format so that residents and business owners can have their voices heard. Residents can ask questions and have them answered.
- The third and final portion of the meeting will be an interactive period where residents will work together in groups to provide input on topics such as community expectations and their vision of our town.