Town of Davie Press Releasee
Free Income Tax Preparation
February 4, 2011, Davie, Florida: Broward County Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) Outreach Program provided by Hispanic Unity in collaboration with the Town of Davie Housing and Community Development Department will provide free income tax preparation.
The Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) is a special tax benefit for people who work full or part-time and whose income is below established government levels. This credit will reduce the amount of taxes owed, resulting in a rebate (or credit) back to your family.
Income and family size determine the amount of the credit, as follows:
- Families who earned less than $43,352 with three or more children can get up to $5,666, ($48,362 for married filing jointly).
- Families who earned less than $40,363 with two children can get up to $5,036, ($45,373 for married filing jointly).
- Families who earned less than $35,535 with one child can get back up to $3,050, ($40,545 for married filing jointly).
- Workers with no children who earn less than $13,460 can get back up to $457, ($18,470 for married filing jointly)
- Investment Income must be $3,100 or less for the year.
The EITC can be claimed retroactively back for three years; therefore, this represents a significant tax rebate which can be used to satisfy existing debts, enhance your credit, put a down-payment on a home, etc. Don’t miss this opportunity! This program not only puts money back into the pockets of lower-income families, it helps money flow back into Davie’s economy.
EITC Mobile Units will be visiting the following sites in Davie:
February 9, 3:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
Rick & Rita Case Boys & Girls Club
7525 NW 33rd Street
Davie, FL 33024
*The February 10, Date at Flamingo Elementary School has been removed
February 17, 3:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
Neighborhood Service Center
4700 SW 64th Avenue
Davie, FL 33314
February 23, 3:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
Potter Park Multipurpose Facility
4300 SW 57th Terrace
Davie, FL 33314
March 23, 3:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
Flamingo Elementary School
1130 SW 133rd Avenue
Davie, FL 33325
For information on additional the EITC Mobile sites or Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites, call 211 (First Call for Help) or 954.964.8884 Ext. 257